Keeping safe when going out
Here are some tips about keeping safe and avoiding worries when
you are out for to party:
- Remember drinking alcohol or taking drugs affect your decisions
and your ability to keep yourself safe.
- Go out with groups of friends and stick together.
- If someone in the group feels ill look after them and get them
- Don't leave drinks unattended at a party or club.
- If you have a mobile make sure it is charged and has
- If you feel unsafe or worried when you are out and about don't
hesitate to phone home and get help.
- Do not leave a party or club with someone you do not know.
- If you are not ready for sex stick with your decision, be
confident that you have made the right choice.
- Demand that your partner respects your decision to wait till
the time is right.
- If you are ready for sex, before you do it, decide what kind of
contraception you will use and also use condoms.
- If you are going to have sex, do it without the influence of
alcohol or drugs.
- It's never okay to put pressure on someone to do something they
don't want to do.
- Having sex with someone who isn't in a fit state to give their
consent to sex is a crime.
You can speak to someone at The Place young people's
clinic if you think you have put yourself at risk.