During puberty the hormones that control how your body grows
mean that your body changes and you can have lots of emotional
changes as well.
The levels of a hormone called testosterone are extremely high
in boys during puberty and this can cause them to feel more angry
Testosterone makes your brain become more interested in sex.
Girls might experience pre-menstrual tension (PMT). This can
lead to them feeling irritable and a little down.
There are different things you can do to try and help lift your
- Get out in the fresh air.
- Do some exercise or go for a short walk.
- Listen to some music you like.
- Talk to someone you trust
- Write down your feelings, perhaps in a diary.
There's more information at these sites:
- Teenage Health Freak: Provides
information for teenagers on feelings and moods, bullying, body
changes, alcohol, drugs, sex and not feeling well.
- Young Minds website gives
information to young people about mental health and emotional